Ramadan 2021 : Ramadan is a holy month of prayer, and fasting observed in the ninth month of the Islamic calendar by Muslims across the world. It’s also called Ramzan, Ramazan, or Ramadhan. Ramadan is the most revered month of the year for Muslims.
Prophet Mohammed said that – When the month of Ramadan begins, the gates of heaven are opened and gates of hell are closed and devils are chained. Ramadan month starts with the appearance of a crescent or new moon and ends with the sight of a new moon or the appearance of a crescent.
Table of Contents
Ramadan 2021 WIKI : Why is Ramadan celebrated?
Ramadan festival is celebrated as Prophet Muhammad, a messenger of God, during this month received the initial revelations of the Quran a holy book for Muslims. Muslims during this month are guided to devote their time to pray and recite the Quran. It is a period of spiritual discipline. It’s believed that people who have done misdeeds will be forgiven by God when they perform fasting, faithful intention, prayer.
What is the significance of Ramadan 2021 ?
Muslims believe that Ramadan imparts them to be self-discipline, self-abstain, kindness towards people who are poor. This festival nurtures empathy among Muslims.
What do the Muslims do during the month of Ramadan?
Islam followers don’t eat and drink from dawn to dusk. Fasting is mandatory for all who are matured and healthy. The meal that they take before the dawn is called suhur, in the night they break the fast is known as iftar. They break their fasting at the end of the day with a date or by sharing the meals with family members and friends.
What is the importance of fasting during the month of Ramadan?
Fasting is one of the principles of Islam. The main intent of fasting to direct the heart away from worldly activities, cleanse their soul. Fasting is obligatory during the month of Ramadan for all Muslims. It is exempted not to be fasting for the people who are pregnant, any health issues, menstruation, children, The old and weak, and travel on a long journey.
What is restricted during the month of Ramadan?
During this Ramadan month, Muslims refrain from consuming alcohol, smoke, sexual relations, consuming tobacco. They are required to avoid tainted behavior and adulterated thoughts. They go to mosques more often than usual. Self-control is one of the pillars of Islam. Ramadan is a period to regulate eating, drinking, mating, and other misdeed activities.
- Beginning of Ramadan month: Muslims can assess the beginning of Ramadan after the new moon or crescent moon appears.
- End of Ramadan: after a crescent or new moon is sighted or completed of 30 days of fasting. The end of Ramadan has marked Eid al-Fitr, a three days celebration, the feast of Fast-Breaking. On this religious holiday, Muslims get together for meals, spend time with their loved ones, and exchange gifts.
- Eid al-Fitr is one of the religious holidays in the Muslim calendar while the other is visiting Mecca. Muslims are expected to visit the holy place Mecca once in their lives when they’re economically and physically fit.
- Charity: Zakat is referred to as the poor-rate, which is a certain percentage of income a follower is supposed to donate to the poor. It’s mandatory as one of the pillars of Islam. Muslims believe that rewards are offered when good actions are performed during the month of Ramadan than any period of the year.
- Reading or Recitation of Quran: Muslims are advised to finish reading Quran in the month of Ramadan.
Important Facts About Ramadan Festival 2021
Muslims are eagerly looking for the Ramadan festival in spite of the hardship of fasting for a complete month. Fasting plays an essential role as millions of Muslims are going through hunger, thirsty, dry mouths as to how other people who are deprived of food, water, and more. It shows how you feel when you are hungry and thirsty.
Thereby Muslims develop kindness towards people who are in a destitute state. It teaches Muslims to rely on God for survival. It develops compassion for needy people. It abates the distractions in your life. Thereby you can concentrate more on your connection with the almighty.
According to a study done by Pew Research Centre, 95% of Muslims across thirty-nine countries and territories observe Ramadan. The high percentage of Muslims include South Asia, Southeast Asia, North Africa, the Middle East, Horn of Africa. During the month of Ramadan, the sale of alcohol is prohibited in Egypt. Those who eat, drink, smoke publicly during Ramadan will be penalized.
The working hours are abated and adjusted to worship in most Muslim-dominated countries. Muslims in few countries make sounds or bells or announcements before sunrise or predawn to remind others the time period during which the meal should be finished is called suhur.
Ramadan in India in 2021 begins from Monday, 12 April to Wednesday, 12 May (Dates may change).
Also Check :- Eid Ul-Fitr 2021 In United Arab Emirates